AAFF Executive Director Opportunity
The Ann Arbor Film Festival has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, effective and experienced full-time Executive Director to lead the festival into its 52nd year of presenting independent and experimental film.
Are you looking to become part of an internationally renowned organization that has a true passion for excellence? Do you have strong organization, fundraising, and leadership abilities? Do you love experimental film?
If you answered yes to these questions, you may be just the person we are looking for.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Having an understanding of and passion for AAFF’s mission/values and its commitment to the arts community, and for leading the implementation and continuation of this mission.
- Providing vibrant leadership with a clear vision for the organization, and providing day to day leadership of the AAFF team.
- All aspects of fundraising including major gift work, grant writing, sponsorships, and annual membership.
- Ensuring the highest level of artistic content and presentation at the film festival and other events.
- Directing staff in programs and development management
- Fostering positive, productive relationships and teamwork among staff, board and volunteers.
- Ensuring sound financial planning and fiscal management.
- Creating and implementing annual marketing initiatives to target markets and identifies strategies for membership and ticket sales.
The successful candidate will have superb energy, enthusiasm and the passion needed to be an effective ED, and will bring to the AAFF the following experiences/qualifications:
- 3+ years in a leadership role in a non-profit, preferably in the arts.
- A knowledge and interest in the fields of film, new media, and/or contemporary art.
- Familiarity with the Ann Arbor arts and business communities. An established network of local colleagues is preferred.
- Strong organizational leadership to maximize existing strategies and develop new directions when needed.
- Development experience in the form of donor cultivation, working on prospect lists, and organizing fundraising events.
- Experience with financial management in a small to medium sized non-profit organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking.
- Ability to work with a governing board.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff and volunteers.
Candidates interested in the opportunity to be a part of and lead a dynamic, internationally renowned film festival should submit resume, introductory letter, three or more professional reference letters, salary history, and any other additional information to AAFF via email at email@example.com. The AAFF is an equal opportunity employer.
The Ann Arbor film festival is the longest running independent and experimental film festival in North America, established in 1963. Internationally recognized as a premiere forum for independent filmmakers and artists, each year’s festival engages audiences with remarkable cinematic experiences. The AAFF is steeped in a rich tradition of ground-breaking cinema, and is committed to its mission of supporting bold, visionary filmmakers; advance the art form of film and new media, and to engage communities with remarkable cinematic experiences.